If you would like to buy either SOMETHING FAST or BURKE & HARE but are worried about using credit cards or PayPal, please email wfpickering@yahoo.com for alternative payment instructions.

This is my public access blog. Friends can find more private musings at pickeringscorner.blogspot.co.uk

11.4.11

What Cebulski Didn't See

It's a pity Marvel talent scout CB Cebulski had to cancel his portfolio review session at the London Cartoon Museum on Friday. Oh well, maybe next year. At least I was spending the rest of the weekend at Kapow! anyway, so my disappointment was less acute than some people's.

Most of the stuff I had to show was my general portfolio, but I did knock out a couple of pages specially...


Even I'm surprised how strongly the influence of John Romita Senior shows through, but those were the Spider-Man comics I read as a kid and his character likenesses are still definitive for me. I'm also pleased that the scenario I came up with gave me an excuse to get the classic half-mask effect in there!

No comments:

Post a Comment