If you would like to buy either SOMETHING FAST or BURKE & HARE but are worried about using credit cards or PayPal, please email wfpickering@yahoo.com for alternative payment instructions.

This is my public access blog. Friends can find more private musings at pickeringscorner.blogspot.co.uk

17.12.07

Art & Literature

A few months ago, I mentioned my admiration for the work of illustrator Victor Ambrus.

While helping my mum move house (at last!), I've just rediscovered a book I had as a kid – Favourite Tales from Shakespeare by Bernard Miles (Hamlyn, 1976) – with glorious pen-and-wash Ambrus pictures on nearly every page!

For example, here's carpenter-playwright Peter Quince and his black and white cat:



The King of Denmark's ghost:


and oh baby, Lady Macbeth:


There's so much more – duels, shipwrecks, fairies, Theseus and the Minotaur – it's almost unfair to pick these out. But aren't they gorgeous?

No comments:

Post a Comment